Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fresh Start

I am feeling a million and five times better this morning than I have been (which is saying a lot). I know I've mentioned recently that I'm not happy at my job and have been dealing with some drama and life issues in general. I was able to work on a list (I love lists) yesterday at work in between tasks of things that are "bringing me down/bothering me." A big thing for me is that I am physically and emotionally exhausted. I'd try to express this to friends and family but they would always tell me that I was fine or that I have no reason to be unhappy (which tends to make me feel worse - naturally). Anyways, long story short, I talked to my mom last night and I cried. I mean cried! I don't remember the last time I had really let it out. I'm guessing at least 6 months which is waaaaaay too long! I've teared up a few times recently, but nothing like last night. I was reluctant to take a sleep aid before bed but it was one of those nights and boy do I feel better now! I got to sleep in a little later. While I haven't gotten anything crossed off of my epic long to do list I just needed this morning to slowly eat breakfast, sip tea, and reflect. 

Tonight I am meeting Katie for one of our wedding planning/magazine date nights! I haven't seen her in a few weeks or talked to her much since me and Greg broke up (she is a mutual friend and I feel bad she's caught in the middle). I might head to the mall a little early for some shopping. I want to get a new pair of shorts for my MN trip (I leave exactly one week from today!!!) and I have a free pair of undies from VS to pick up!

I truly believe this: 

No comments:

Post a Comment