Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Hump Day (already?!)

Me and Katie Before the Game

I had such a good weekend. It was near perfect! Saturday's double date was a bit awkward, but it was still good to see Katie (thank goodness she was there!). It was so windy the whole night - well, this whole week, really. I kept seeing everyone at the game checking the weather radar on their phones because the ballpark was surrounded by ominous clouds. Tornado producing storms were supposed to hit us but luckily we just had a bit of rain off and on towards the middle of the game and were blessed with quite a lightning show!

Our View










We had a very blessed Easter Sunday. My Easter basket was full of Reese's peanut butter eggs, Cadbury Creme Eggs (an Easter MUST), a new Otter Box for my iPhone, TWLOHA bracelet, peace sign magnetic car decal, and socks with a zipper for keys & money for me to wear on my walks. Easter didn't start off all that great with my dad in one of his "moods" and even though we got to church early we had to stand because it was so full. Afterwards we picked up some Easter lilies at the grocery store and went to pick up my mom's cousin for lunch. She's in her mid 80s but does very well for her age, especially living on her own. We arrived at Olive Garden after 11 am and I was shocked by how empty it was. Waiters were everywhere - almost outnumbering the diners! Even by the time we left, almost an hour later, there were several empty tables and no one waiting. Hmmm, it just seemed strange to me. Maybe it's signs of the economy, having more people stay in and cooking for themselves.

What do you normally do for Easter? Go out? Stay in?

For the rest of the day I watched the Rangers on TV (they swept the Royals!) and was quite crafty. I've started making bracelets for friends. They think they are amazing, but they are so simple to make - they aren't that big of a deal! lol

Get Crafty!
Peace.love.em

No comments:

Post a Comment