Monday, June 27, 2011

Playing "Catch Up"

Here we are again. The start of a new week. Hesitant to let go of the weekend, as it always seems to go by too fast. When I woke up this morning I did not know what day it was. For a few minutes I thought it was Saturday and my mind was filled with ease. But I quickly realized that no, unfortunately it is Monday.

It was another low-key weekend for me. My best friend came over after she got off work on Friday and we chatted and watch a disk of Gilmore Girls: Season 2. Somehow watching that show always makes me feel better.

I got up fairly early for a Saturday to get some odds and ends done on the computer and around the house. My parents went to pick my brother up from the airport. He had been in NYC with his girlfriend and her family all week. It had been a very stressful and drama-filled week for him. Her mother acts like a child - I'm not kidding. She is very insecure and tries to sabotage her daughter & my brother's relationship. Apparently she threw tantrums every day, in public, yelling obscenities at her mother (Ms. Deborah - who is my 55 year old best friend). I feel really bad that they had such a miserable time in NYC. I've never been and am dying  to go! Good to have them back home but I'm sick of hearing about the drama related to the trip!

I feel like the day was a waste overall. I did some yoga/Pilates/light arm weights in the morning but recalling the rest of the day is a blur. I did go to the gym and actually ran on the treadmill. I've ran a 5K before and my goal has been to get back into running (eventually marathons, but that's a long way off!). I started following a this plan. I ended up going for a total of 35 minutes: 23.5 min walk/11.5 min jog. Not bad for my first attempt after who knows how long!

My kitty, Boomer, loves Yoga too!
We went out to eat as a family to one of our favorite, local Tex-Mex restaurants that had just relocated to a larger facility. Dad and I shared chicken fajitas, which were good, but nothing special. I was not a fan of their new location. It was very open and it's high ceilings made it very noisy. I guess they still have some kinks to work out, but I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon.

Sunday (yesterday) we went to church as a family and then went to have lunch at Olive Garden with my mom's Aunt, Mick, who we usually visit with every other month or so to celebrate birthday's, graduations, Father's Day, etc. I had an unsweetened ice tea, their house salad, and the kid's portion cheese ravioli (just the right size and so yummy). It's nice to visit with her, but it seems like we talk about the same things every time we are together...

I had the Children's Portion - 4 Ravioli's with Marinara Sauce
Ms. Deborah, my brother and I went to the mall in the afternoon to shop for his girlfriend, Kylie's birthday presents (her birthday is Wednesday). It was fun to get out of the house because I've been feeling down lately and didn't want to sit around and mope. I guess I shouldn't have  been too surprised that the conversation was mainly focused on how crazy Kylie's mom is/NYC trip. Lately it seems like my family's world revolves around Andrew and Kylie.

Me jealous? Maybe just a little. I mean, I'm really stressed/confused about what to do at this point in my life. Whenever I express my concerns to my family and friends I feel like they brush me off saying "oh, you'll be fine" or "you're young, you have time to figure it out." I do realize that I don't have to have it all figured out right now. I'd just feel better if I had more direction...

I did get a "job screening" call yesterday and will have to go into a face-to-face interview if things go well (will find out later today). I am excited about this potential opportunity, but the job is farther away, which means more gas. I am still waiting to hear back from several other places I've applied to that have application deadlines ending in about a week. I'm kinda holding out for one of those since they'd potentially be better overall, but there's always that "what if" they don't call me back and I miss out on this opportunity?! UGH!

Sunday Night Movie
 
Currently Reading...

Future:
Right now I am bouncing back and forth between Teaching (Special Education) and Occupational Therapy. I am working on some pro/con, comparison lists to help me have facts, fears, interests written down on paper - helps clear my head and make thoughts seem more "rational."

If you read this, BLESS YOU!


For the Lord will be your confidence 

And will keep your foot from being caught.

- Proverbs 3:26

No comments:

Post a Comment