Saturday, June 18, 2011

This Week(end)

Yay for the weekend! For some reason this week has gone by really fast and really slow...

I finished reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and loved it! It's a pretty lengthy book but I got through it in a few days. It was hard to put down! It has really inspired me to be more patient and trusting with others and God (something I'm working on)

Last night I did a bit of shopping for my dad for Father's Day. He's such a hard person to buy for, but I eventually settled on a light blue/gray 100% cotton shirt to keep him cool this summer. Black is his "signature color" even in the heat - he makes no sense.

When I got back home Momma and I watched Tangled! Made me re-live all of my "princess" days growing up!



Things I've learned/accomplished this week:



  • Stationary bikes + magazines make workouts go much faster
  • my 3-legged cat freaks out when I do yoga/Pilates - he stares & meows at me like "what in the world are you doing, crazy lady!!!"
  • I'm a pretty good cook - with the help of a crock-pot!
    • I made BBQ chicken and Chicken Stir-fry for dinner this week (heated the chicken in the crock-pot while I was at work and added it to the rice and veggies when we were ready to eat). I also made black bean, corn, and tomato tacos - healthy, yummy, and quick!
  • Just the thought of quitting my job makes me so much happier - but filling out endless job applications isn't that fun! (hopefully worth it, though)
  • Took(and passed) 2 out of 5 of my tests for my graphic design certification
Coming up this weekend:
  • Pilates at the gym
  • Shopping with my bestie - I'm looking for gray/navy and white flip-flops and/or sandals, a hat, shorts, and maybe a tunic
  • Dinner out with the family for Father's Day. I'm not sure where yet, but my brother will be leaving for NYC tomorrow (soooo jealous) so we are going to celebrate a bit early!
  • Bookworm time!

Any Father's Day plans? What did you get your dad?

Happy Weekend-ing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment