Wednesday, July 20, 2011

There's something in the water

I know four couples who got engaged this weekend! I guess I'm at that point in my life but I'm in no rush!

My week off has been going well - lots of reading, movies, Gilmore Girls, crocheting baby blankets (for no one in particular - maybe save it for one of those couples who just got engaged), cardio/stationary biking, yoga, long walks, naps...


Part of the reason I was bummed this weekend was because I hadn't heard back from them and I was told I would be called  by Friday. So I was disappointed and stressing, back to job hunting. But then Monday afternoon came around and I get a phone call from the lady who interviewed me. I was expecting her to tell me that they were choosing other applicants to fill my position, but she offered me a job! I'm so pumped about this opportunity. I am hoping that it will give me a better feel of if I want to pursue a career in education. I mean, what's better than first-hand experience?!

Now I've got a ton of paperwork to fill-out, sign, get notarized, and give back to the lady who hired me ASAP! She said she'd like it back by Friday, but I'm going on a mini-vacation with my mom and brother. This means I'll be running around like a crazy person trying to get everything together or just give it to her Saturday.

Mom surprised me with flowers to getting the job!



 





We decided to go "camping" at a state park that's about an hour and a half away. We're heading out on Thursday morning and will be home Friday night. My parents anniversary is Saturday so they to be back home to go out. Works for me since it's going to be miserably hot outside. Luckily we are staying in a cabin that has a/c and there's a quaint little town nearby to do some antique browsing.

To be honest, I'm not completely looking forward to this little getaway. My brother has been in a bad mood. I have been in a bad mood. My  mom never seems to stop talking/asking questions lately. This could end up potentially bad or good. I guess that's how most things go. I'm going to try not to go into this weekend with too many expectations.  To just "go with the flow" or something like that.

I'm debating skipping my class again tonight. I made it a few miles on Monday before I turned around and came back home. I just wasn't "feeling" it. It's the last class, just this week and then next. Part of me wants to just get it over with. The other really doesn't care. I've realized that I'm not a technical graphic design person so I wonder "what's the point of going?!"

I'll figure it out. I always do!
Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment