Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It was another early morning for me... 4 am this time... It made my cardio workout a bit more challenging this morning. The stationary bike and elliptical were not my friends. I pushed through and was rewarded with some much need endorphins! I limit my gym time to a few days a week now that I'm practicing yoga more often.

It was a chaotic day of work today! Tomorrow looks to be about the same according to our schedule. I had a new dish to come home to though. I have yet to find something greater than the smell of a (almost) fully cooked dinner when I walk in the door!

BUT I have good news, friends! I have a job interview tomorrow morning for an after school program. I'm actually kind of nervous. Maybe because I'm even more ready to getting out of my current job & this opportunity looks promising. Keep your fingers crossed!

Garlic Lime Chicken

I based the meal off of this recipe. My main ingredients:


These were the yummy items complimented the chicken:


I found some corn from last night's dinner and went ahead and threw them in with the black beans and spices.


Then you mix it up, baby!

 

Yum! It's pretty much a fiesta in your mouth... I was a bit worried it would taste too lime-y since I eyeballed the ingredients. But I think it had a balanced amount of garlic and lime juice - win.

My anti-pity party action plan:
  • Go to a movie this week
I am always so tempted to cancel after-work plans because I am so worn out when I get off work. My new goal is not to think about evening plans/bail until after I have dinner. I am refueled and generally have a better energy and motivated. 

We went to see Water for Elephants at the dollar movie with my best friend tonight. I read the book a few months ago and found it enchanting. I have always been mesmerized with the Great Depression era and I am a fan of Reese Witherspoon. I enjoyed the movie though it was obvious not as good as the book! Read it if you get the chance!



My new book is called Tabloid City by Pete Hamill:


I haven't gotten too far into it yet. It's kinda ironic that it's about the "news world"/journalism and I've been considering that career path. The story is told from several narrators and I haven't quite figured out "who's who" as far as the characters go. I guess the only way to sort them out is to keep reading!

Hope your week is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment